The CWCki needs help! Please consider clicking the tugboat to make a donation
- random access n.
- 1. (computing) type of storage access where arbitrary data can be accessed, as opposed to sequential access (q.v.). See also random access memory.
- 2. (CWCism) non-sequiturial; lacking any coherence.
- humor n.
- 1. Something funny.
- 2. (CWCism) Something not funny, but which can be made funny when accessed randomly (q.v.). See random access.
Random-access humor is Chris's terminology for his tendency to blurt out whatever random thought enters his mind, regardless of its relevance to a given situation. More traditional literary analysts might describe this as the literary device of non sequitur. The "humor" part of the phrase stems from Chris's assumption that if he says something completely irrelevant and random, then it is automatically funny, which is a common fallacy among nerds and retards. At this moment, the strongest portrayal of Chris's random-access humor can be found in his CWCFlyingElephants video.
Ironically enough, Chris's random-access humor is often unoriginal. Jokes are mostly taken from Adult Swim shows, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Family Guy, or even shows like Ed, Edd n Eddy and Samurai Pizza Cats, making them completely out of context. This shows that, even when Chris doesn't have to make any sense, he still has a hard time coming up with original material. When Chris is original, it's mostly in the form of childish rhymes or wordplays that would make Lewis Carroll roll in his grave. This is due to Chris being a "somewhat concrete" thinker, having a tough time understanding abstract concepts (including humor). Because of his linear thinking, he has the tendency to take jokes literally (e.g. Bob told Chris a joke about Obama painting the White House black if he won the 2008 election).
One occasion of note is a line in Sonichu #2, wherein Sonichu, after being commanded to retreat, retorts with "You don't have to tell me twice! But during the stone age...". It's most likely that this is once again a stolen joke taken out of context, but Chris fails to realize that there is literally nothing to interpret as funny, because the line is completely unrelated and random that there is no joke. This isn't too surprising, since Chris has never shown interest in clarity for the audience, and simply makes the comics for his own sake.
The randomosity is also questionable in that the allegedly random jokes are also frequently repeated; Chris keeps re-telling the same jokes that weren't funny in the first try. (For example, if you are a confused foreigner who has no idea what "Nantucket" is, you will Google it soon.) Chris has specifically stated he actually fears things that are beyond his control, a fear which falls nicely in line with autism.
Chris also uses the term "random-access memory", which is basically when he says something completely random without the intent of being funny. He tends to use these when a conversation is not going in a direction he wants it to and hopes that interjecting this other thought-line will briefly distract him from seeing what a failure he is.
—Chris during the Father Call, showing off his mad computer science and neuroscience skills
Each Brain in every person in the world is a computer, complete with an InfiniteGB RAM...Emphasis on Random, and our Autistic Hero is no exception. Here are some of his ramblings that can make him comparable to the TV-Talking-styles of those retarded robots, the Junkeons...
I Watch TOO MUCH FUCKING TELEVISION!!!
- User talk:DariaCamacho
- Originally said by Ed; originated from Ed Edd n Eddy episode "One Plus One Equals Ed"
- From the US-dubbed version of Samurai Pizza Cats. Emperor Fred only said his name because he had " his wisdom teeth removed."
- Originally said by Meatwad; originated from Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Ol' Drippy"
- From The Brak Show episode "The New Brak"
- Sealab 2021 episode "Legend of Baggy Pants" (Pod Six was another pod that was part of the lab. Captain Murphy referred to them as "jerks")
- Punchy Sonichu - A fighting electric hedgehog Pokémon who is explicitly stated to be the master of RAH, although, so far, he hasn't shown it.
- Monty Python - Actual masters of RAH, whom Chris unsuccessfully tried to emulate.
- I Got A Fish
- Bunny Hop
- Yellow is a Mellow Color
- Christian's Sex Joke - A staple of Chris's repertoire.
Relationships: Attraction Location | Boyfriend-free girl | Dating education | Gal pal | Heart level | Sweetheart | Infinitely-High Boyfriend-Factor | Love Quest | Noviophobia | Sweetheart from the Ground-Up
Himself: Biological clock | Butt garments | Captain's Log | Cherokian Clan | DIRTY, CRAPPED BRIEFS | Fangs | Fuzzy-wuzzies | Honor roll | Mental Block | Monthly tugboat | Muscle bra | Prickly-Wicklies | Random-access humor | Scale of Respect | Heart level | Tomgirl