The CWCki needs help! Please consider clicking the tugboat to make a donation
CWCki:Questions for Chris
Don't make up shit for answers. If Chris has answered the question, then you better be damned prepared to cite them. Don't assume shit. People who do WILL be BANNED.
These are questions asked by us that may not have answers yet. If you are a newfag, see Frequently Asked Questions.
This is very outdated, most of these have most likely been answered. Also see: Common Questions
- 1 Unanswered Questions
- 2 Answered Questions
- 3 Sources
- 4 See also:
- Q: Have you read classic comics like A Contract With God, Maus, Watchmen, or The Sandman? Could you mention any specific titles or series of comics you have read (besides Sonic the Hedgehog)?
Chris's Art Process
- Q: If someone was impressed with your art and wanted to pay you to illustrate their comic, would you take the offer on the condition that you couldn't include Sonichu and his friends, and had to stick to their script?
- Q: What's your creative process like? How do you go about creating each comic--do you do storyboards or scriptwriting beforehand? How far in advance do you plan the story?
- Q: Besides Sonic, Pokémon, and your daily struggles, what inspires your writing and art? Did any specific comic book inspire you to create your own? Why comics as opposed to short stories/novels?
- Q: Have you considered selling hard copies of your comics on Lulu.com or other self-publishing websites?
- Q: Why do you put advertisements in your comics? Professional comic publishers do it, because the advertised companies pay them money for it. Why do you do it?
- Q: What do your parents think about Sonichu and your comics?
- A: So far, the only commentary on the comics by his parents has been from his mom, as Chris states in episode 12, part 1 of the videobooks (at 1:00) that his mom "made me promise not to do any more sub-episodes", indicating she probably isn't a fan of at least the sub-episodes which were heavily inspired by Chris's failings in real life. Other than that, Chris does not appear to have ever mentioned (yet) what his parents think (or what he believes his parents think) about Sonichu or the comics.
- Q: In your dealings with trolls, work on the comics, and other everyday life things, you seem to get a lot of stress. Would you ever consider getting a massage? It feels great, I should know, and those girl masseuses can be pretty cute!
- Q: What would you do if you found your sweetheart, fell in love with her, married her, had Crystal with her, and then found out she was a high-functioning autistic?
- Q: What is your purpose in life?
- Q: According to the philosopher Søren Kierkegaard, true individuality or self-hood means that to have direction in life, we must be aware of our true purpose as an individual, separated from our current pleasures and distractions. How do you feel this affects you, Chris?
Politics, Laws and Economics
- Q: My commonwealth of Kentucky is the largest producer of burley tobacco in the nation (burley tobacco is used to make cigarettes). What would you do to help the farmers transition from tobacco if you had the ability to send the substance to the moon?
- Q: Chris, you claim to have descended from Cherokee ancestry. Do you practice any of the traditional Cherokee customs?
- A: So far, the only thing Chris appears to have ever done in regards to his self-proclaimed Cherokee ancestry is an incredibly offensive display of Native American stereotyping. In the comics, the 'Ancient leader of the Cherokee Clan' is dressed in a totally non-Native American fashion (it looks decidedly more Greco-Roman). While Chris does not appear to have elaborated on any of the Cherokee customs he practices (if any), his behavior in real life indicates that he probably doesn't even know what any of the traditional Cherokee customs are.
- Q: Do you believe in an afterlife? What do you think happens after we die? Where do you think you'll go after you die and why do you think that will be the case?
- Q: You follow the Bible rigorously and believe homosexuality will send you to Hell. However, the Bible says that having unmarried sex will send you to Hell as well. Explain your reasonings you choose to ignore God's word and not waiting until after marriage but instead "after the 3rd date".
Sex and Sexuality
- Q: Can you justify your anti-homosexuality? How exactly?
- Q: You hate homos, but you also hate straight men for "taking all the pretty girls leaving none for you." Shouldn't you support homos, so that other men can date each other and free up girls for you?
- Q: In a recent chat, you said that if you had a chance, you would want to make being a homo illegal. Yet, in a video contemporary to the chat, you ask your fans not to leave you. How would you feel if all of your gay fans left you?
- A: Chris has not addressed this question himself yet. However, there's evidence that Chris doesn't give a shit about who his fans are as long as they're TRUE and LOYAL, as shown on page 37 of Sonichu 9, Episode 20, where Sonichu says: "We will always appreciate and welcome all good Sonichu/Rosechu fans, straight or homosexual.". Judging by how homophobic Chris has proven himself to be in real life, there's the possibility that he's just willing to say anything for the sake of keeping any Sonichu fans he might have, regardless of how he actually feels about them.
- Q: Why does Rosechu wear clothes while Sonichu does not? Additionally, why are Lolisa, DJ Jamsta, and Rosechu the only Sonichus and Rosechus who wear clothing?
- Q: Are the Sonichu comics still aimed at children? If so, what age group? I notice that there is, and has been, some fairly adult content. As a parent I can't see myself showing these to my children. What are your thoughts?
- Q: When are you going to create the second episode of Sonichu in LittleBigPlanet?
- Q: I am really interested in your Lego CWCville, could you please draw an elaborate map of it for me?
Trolls and Stressors
- Q: What do you think about people harassing others over PlayStation home?
- Q: What books would you recommend to your fans?
- Q: How about comics? Do you follow any series, characters, publishing companies, authors or artists?
- Q: As you were growing up, did your mother and father often tell you that you were handsome and charming?
- A: Chris's mother repeatedly assures him that he is handsome. Chris sometimes counters that if he's so handsome, it should be easier to attract women.
- Q: Boxers or briefs?
- A: Briefs
- Q: Has your IQ ever been recorded? If so, what did you score? Online tests do not count.
- Q: What do you feel is your greatest contribution to society?
- A: Chris explained this in his Wikipedia video. He argued that "I have my own wide fanbase for my Sonichu and Rosechu, and that "I earned, I mean I made the good grades...in High School and uh...College and whatnot". He then adds "I have done a lot of volun...of good honest volunteer work at the Pokemon trading card league...game card ga...trading card game league". So yeah, he's done fuck all for anyone.
Politics, Laws and Economics
- Q: Whats your stance on gun control?
- A: When asked in Mailbag 4, Chris simply said "I agree with gun control". A cop-out answer that doesn't really cover any of the deeper issues that many have with the Second Amendment, but so far it's the best we've got.
- Q: What do you think about Obama winning the election?
- A: Even though he is black, after watching an A&E documentary on his life, Chris thinks that they have alot in common, such as their shared struggles for acceptance against adversity. Also, in Rollin' and Trollin' he states (although this may be, you know, trolling) that "he’s doing a smash-up job of it and he’s, uh, getting everybody their money and, uh, getting everybody the bang for their buck" and he is "a regular stand up family guy."
- Q: If you could change the law, how would you change it?
- A: Chris has been asked this question twice in the mailbags, the first time directly related to laws governing age of consent, and the other time any law at all. To the former, he said he would make the age of consent 16. To the latter, he would outlaw the friend zone. Why Chris thinks girls not wanting to date him would be a legal issue is anyone's guess.
- Q: Suppose some religious person suddenly declared playing the PS3 to be "immoral" and that all PS3 players should be imprisoned or converted to other, less evil consoles. Assume that he also didn't provide any reasoning behind why playing the PS3 is immoral. You'd think that he's a crackpot, right? Do you see how this relates to you? Can you justify your anti-homosexuality?
- A: The first time Chris was asked this in an IRC chat session on the 3rd of January, 2009, his response was to immediately act defensive and exclaim "...I AM STRAIGHT. That's my FACT and I'M STICKING TO IT." as well as "NEVER QUESTION MY SEXUAL DIRECTION.", which obviously is missing the point. When pressed, Chris simply said "I'd just ignore that crackpot." then promptly went on to ignore/forget about the question and change the subject by asking the people in the channel about the Xbox's "Red Ring of Death". At this point it's anyone's guess as to whether or not Chris will ever make an attempt to genuinely answer this question. He may not even understand the point that this question is trying to get across.
- Q: It has been six years now since the beginning of your love quest. What sorts of things have you learned about attracting females and falling in love in those six years? Or, to put it another way, if you were to have to teach your own dating education class, what kinds of advice would you give and what kinds of experiences would you share with the young men and women taking the class?
- A: Chris has largely covered this in Episode 19. His current notion of what dating education should teach involves talking to dolls and chatting online. The story arc of Reginald Sneasel is the best indicator of what Chris has learned not to do since 2003, and even then the moral of Sneasel's story is "Screw up, whine about it, wait for pretty girl to give you a pity date."
- Q: Will Sonichu and Rosechu ever get married? Will any other characters tie the knot?
- A: In 'I Am The TRUE, Original Christopher Christian Weston Chandler; No Ifs, Ands Or Buts', Christian stated that Sonichu and Rosechu were married on March 17, 2006. In the same video, Bubbles and Blake got married July 4th, 2009.
- Q: Will Sonichu and Rosechu ever have a baby? If so, would Rosechu conceive a baby like a regular mammal or would she lay an egg like Pokémon normally do?
- A: In the "Examining Sonichu and Rosechu" section of Sonichu 8, Chris explains that Rosechu would lay an egg. Among other horrible disgusting things that should never ever have been thought of by anyone ever. In the video 'I Am The TRUE, Original Christopher Christian Weston Chandler; No Ifs, Ands Or Buts', Christian reveals that Sonichu and Rosechu had 3 children, 2 Roseys and 1 Sonee.
- Q: Where exactly is CWCville located?
- A: The city is referenced as CWCVille, Virginia (See Sonichu 8's prologue).
Technically, it's located in a pocket-universe accessible via the DDR mat hanging up in Christian's room (Sonichu 6).It's never mentioned if it's a portal to a pocket universe, or just a teleport to another place on our Earth. Sonichu 1 places CWCVille as an urban center between Pokémon and Sonic worlds. This topography is retconned in future comics to include a burgeoning suburban sprawl, and strip malls (Also in Sonichu 8). In S0 Introductions p.8 Chris also stated that the action takes place in "[his] section of the cartoon world".
- A: The city is referenced as CWCVille, Virginia (See Sonichu 8's prologue).
- Q: In Sonichu issue #6 on page 33, Blake/Black Sonichu complains about Naitsirhc putting whipped cream in his rockets. Could you please explain that joke for me?
- A: Chris said that he meant it to be "semen": Did you read the part in the latest episode where Black Sonichu tells Sonichu about Reldnahc having put whipped cream in his rocket boosters? In the original drawing, he said "some creamy stuff", in reference to Reldnach being the TOTALLY opposite of me." Why he retconned it, is unknown.
- Q: A lot of your characters are hedgehogs, and Sonichu is 1/2 Pikachu and 1/2 Sonic. Why isn't there a character that's part flying fox, like Tails?
- A: Some of Chris's old childhood art suggests a character that is a mix of eevee and tails, called "Eevails". It was probably abandoned.
- Q: Simonla started out as Simonchu. Why did you change her name to Simonla, then? Simona is the feminine version of the name, you didn't have to make one up.
- A: "But for a few months, I had wanted to create a Ground-Type Sonichu or Rosechu Character; I felt that I had ENOUGH Sonichu Characters, so from "Simonchu", I created Simonla Rosechu (playing off of the name of Simone)." 
Trolls and Stressors
- Q: In one of your recent videos, you indicated that your life was very stressful. What are some of the stressors (as in, things that cause stress) in your life? Also, why do you feel inspiration is lacking for you?
- A: Chris has mentioned in the mumble chats that his father causes stress due to "starting more arguments than flies on a garbage dump", and in IRC he has stated he has many "Janitorial duties" (in other words he cleans things sometimes). Jerkops also make Chris's life very stressful due to them hindering his BRAVE AND NOBLE quest for love. Also, the fact that everyone he knows besides his family and counsellor is a troll can't really help either. In other words, Chris has never really felt stress in his life as he hardly leaves the house, has never had a proper job and gained many of his school qualifications and awards through sympathy.
- Q: Could you do a Donald Duck impersonation in your next video? We hear you do a HILARIOUS impersonation that is spot on.
- A: He's already posted a recording of it, available here.
- Sonichu Girls#Introduction
- IRC (02 January 2009)
- Simonla Rosechu article on CWCipedia